Thursday 27 August 2009

Sweet Dreams

I was lying in a crinkly bag, when, much to my alarm,
a jelly baby peered inside and grabbed me by the arm!

It pulled me up from out the bag, and with a sickly sound,
dipped me in a sugar bowl, and passed me all around
some gaudy, coloured substances of every size and shape;
I screamed - oh, how I shouted out, and struggled to escape!

I sensed my captors laughing at my feeble little squeals,
and shivered as I heard them say “He now knows how it feels
to be handled and selected as a tiny sugared treat,
and kept inside a goodie bag, as something nice to eat!”

I found myself being lifted up and stuffed down deep inside
the gullet of a lemon drop, and felt that I’d just died!
I woke up in a heavy sweat, as one about to scream,
confiding in my loving wife, I told her of my dream.

I was hoping for some sympathy, but she just yawned and said:
“Don’t eat so many sweets, you fool, before you come to bed!”

No comments:

Post a Comment